"Are they saying LUO-ongo or BOO-ongo?"
"Sigh... they are saying BOO-ongo."
Game 4 is tonight at Staples Center. It's just a little past 12:00pm here in Los Angeles and all I want to do is go downtown and stare at Staples until they open the doors. Some of my good friends are fans of teams like the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Indianapolis Colts. I don't know how they make it through the post-season each and every year. It's only Game 4 and I'm nearing a heart attack.
Before Game 3 the other day, the Kings Marketing Department played a message from Bob Miller, the play by play voice of the Los Angeles Kings since 1973, just 6 years after the Kings came into the NHL. So to say he's seen it all is close to being 100% true. He is the Ambassador of the Kings... and when I watched this video again this morning... I totally got choked up.
There is some great blog coverage going on during this series, so I want to make sure you check it all out.
- Benched Whale's Game 4 Preview.
- Canucks Hockey Blog's thoughts on why Luongo isn't the problem for the Canucks.
- McSwarley's view from Game 3.
- Mayors Manor interview with The Briggs, the band behind the awesome Kings anthem that is sweeping the nation.
- The LA Kings Outsider is psychic.
- And JeanShortsNBaggedMilk... just because.
And you've probably seen it by now... but this is the coolest Drew Doughty video of the playoffs... so far:
My Dad called me yesterday and said "God, I love the way that Drew Doughty plays."
Alright, Kings Fans! The Royal Half will be there tonight, who out of you all will be there too??? Sound off in the comments! GO KINGS GO!!!!